Reflection on 2013: Thinking and Planning 2014
Reflection on 2013: Thinking and Planning 2014
I like to think about what has been and what is to come. It helps me to give thanks. Give yourself a pat on the back as well as others. The team is important.
What is to come? Change! Exciting to be part of the transition from one place to another.
As part of this thinking I am very thankful for the many colleagues and friends that I have worked with. They helped to retro-rocket the momentum. With thanks in no order:
- Zac Pullen and Jason Kemp.
- The executive teams of Fisher and Paykel Healthcare, Just Water, Air New Zealand, The Human Interface,
- Masters of Business and PhD thesis students; Chantal Baker, Kevin Sherriff, Amish Patel, Daniel Hunt, Kaly Nou, Sandeep Pant and Ahsan Ali.
- Masters of Business thesis examiners.
- Masters of Business course students in APMG 8117 Marketing Strategy and APMG 8119 Digital Enterprise.
- Bachelor of Business students in BSNS 7454 Strategic Brand Management.
- Lee McGinnis, Bodo Lang, Eddie Tsoodol, Josefino San Diego and Sandy Smith.
- Inna Piven.
- Michael Breazeale, Jim Gentry, Francesca Dall’Olmo Riley, Gayle Kerr, Jim Jansen, Kim-Shyan Fam, Kenneth Husted, Simon Pervan, Tony Falkenstein and Jon Clausen.
So, what was 2013?
1. Davis, R.A., Lang, B., and San Diego, J. (2014). Does Gender Matter in the Relationship Between Hedonic Shopping Motivation and Purchase Intentions?” Journal of Consumer Behaviour. [ABDC Ranking: B]
2. Davis, R.A., Lang, B., and Gautam, I. (2013). Modelling Utilitarian-Hedonic Dual Mediation (UHDM) in the Purchase and Use of Games. Internet Research, 23 (2), pp. 229-256. [ABDC Ranking: A]
3. Davis, R.A., and Lang, B. (2013) Does Self-Congruity Increase Game Usage and Purchase? Young Consumers, 14 (1) pp. 52-66. [ABDC Ranking: B]
4. Davis, R.A., and Lang, B. (2013). Modelling Game Usage, Purchase and Perceived Complexity. ACM Computers in Entertainment. [ABDC Ranking: B]
Journal Articles in the Review/Writing Process
1. Davis, R.A. and Lang., B., The LOOP Model: A Non-Liner Approach to Modelling Consumer Interactivity in Response to Multichannel Campaigns Coupling Simultaneous Media.
2. Davis, R.A. and McGinnis, L. Consumption Guilt: Rationalising Extreme Fan Behaviour, Writing for Journal of Consumer Research. Lee McGinnis is Associate Professor at Stonehill College, Easton, MA.
3. Davis, R.A., Piven, I., and M. Breazeale. Conceptualising the Brand Relationship in Social Media Consumption.
4. Davis, R.A. and S. Smith. Does Gender Matter in the Relationship Between Utilitarian Shopping Motivation and Purchase Intentions?”
5. Callagher, L. Davis, R.A. and Hunt, D. Modelling Actual Adolescent Entrepreneurial Behaviour in New Zealand: 1995 to 2010.
6. Davis, R and Sherriff, K., Conceptualising and Measuring Consumer Authenticity.
7. Davis, R.A., S. Smith (2013). A Comparison of Online and Offline Gender and Goal Directed Shopping Online.
8. Davis, R.A. and Lang., B., The Loop Model: Modelling Consumer Interactivity in Campaigns Coupling Simultaneous Media.
9. Davis, Robert and Nou, Kaly (2014). Book: Engagement in Brand Relationships.
International Conference Proceedings (Peer Reviewed)
1. Davis, R.A., Lang, B., and San Diego, J. (2013). A Comparison of Online and Offline Gender and Goal Directed Shopping Online. 2013, Academy of Marketing Science World Marketing Conference.
2. Davis, R.A. (2013). Modelling Consumer Interactivity in Campaigns Coupling Simultaneous Media. American Academy of Advertising, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
3. Davis, R.A., R. Bhat and K. Xaythanith, (2013). Conceptualising the Entrepreneurial Behaviour of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in Laos. International Conference on Research in Marketing (ICRM 2013), 21 – 22, December 2013, New Delhi, India. Convened by IIT Delhi, Curtin University & XLRI Business School.
4. Piven, I., Davis, R.A. and M Breazeale (2013). Conceptualising the Brand Relationship in Social Media Consumption. 22th AMA Annual Frontiers in Service Conference (Not Presented).
5. Davis, R.A., and Ahsan Ali Chaudhri (2013), Integration of Simultaneous Media Channel for Modelling Interactivity in Ubiquitous Campaigns. Best Conference Paper Award, 2013 MAG Scholar Global Business, Marketing and Tourism Conference, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, November 10 – 14, 2013.
Books and Book Chapters
1. Davis, Robert and Piven, Inna (2014). Social Media Branding. Published on Kindle, ePub and iBookstore. (ISBN 978-0-473-27078-0)
International Industry Reports (Peer Reviewed)
1. Davis, R.A. (2013). Legislation as a Tool for Reform: The Case of New Zealand. Keller Centre Research Report. 6: 1. http://www.baylor.edu/business/: (AACSB).
Invited Research Presentations (selection)
1. Davis, R, and McGinnis (2013), Consumption Guilt: Rationalising Extreme Fan Behaviour, University of Auckland Seminar.
Current Research Projects
1. Conceptualising and Measuring Consumer Authenticity.
2. Consumer Interactivity and Simultaneous Media Consumption.
3. Modelling Fan and Underdog Consumption Behaviour.
4. Social Media Branding.
5. Modelling Innovation.
1. Best Conference Paper Award: 2013 MAG Scholar Global Business, Marketing and Tourism Conference (http://www.magscholar.com/joomla/), Le Meridien, Airport Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, November 10 – 14, 2013. Presented to Robert Davis and Ahsan Ali Chaudhri for the paper entitled: Integration of Simultaneous Media Channel for Modelling Interactivity in Ubiquitous Campaigns.
2. Emerald Literati 2013 Award for Excellence Outstanding Reviewer for Internet Research.
1. Editorial Board: Internet Research (Current).
2. Editorial Board: Journal of Marketing Communications (Current).
3. Fisher and Paykel Healthcare Scholarship for the MBus Students Thesis ($5000).
4. Tony Falkenstein Scholarship for the MBus Students Thesis ($5000).
5. Fellow of Chartered Institute of Marketing (United Kingdom).
6. Member of American Academy of Advertising (USA).
7. Member of Academy of Marketing Science.
8. Expert Contributor for the Keller Centre, Baylor University (USA).
9. Member of ANZMAC.
10. Co9 Board: Marketing Head of Departments (NZ).
11. Industry relationships (teaching/research); e.g., Tony Falkenstein, Just Water, Fisher and Paykel Healthcare, Air New Zealand, The Human Interface Initiative.
12. Industry Mentor (1997 to Current): Mentoring to Chief Executive.
13. Personal/Profession Blog: http://drrobertdavis.wordpress.com/ (2013).
1. Advanced Marketing/Marketing Strategy (MBus).
2. Digital Enterprise (MBus).
1. Strategic Brand Management (BBus).
Masters Theses Supervision Completed
1. Sandeep Pant, Primary Supervisor, Conceptualising and Measuring Service Culture, MBus, Unitec New Zealand (2013).
2. Kaly Nou, Brand Relationships, MBus, Unitec New Zealand, (2013).
3. Daniel Hunt, Adolescent Entrepreneurial Behaviour, MBus, Unitec New Zealand, (2013).
Leave a Reply