Ten things you didn’t know about Robert
- In 1995, Robert was a marketing manager at IBM New Zealand focusing on their digital service strategy and solutions for SME and corporate clients. This including business development and sales. Arguably the first digital marketing role in New Zealand.
- Robert has over 20 years senior management, innovation and service delivery experience. This experience has achieved high levels of performance across all aspects of management in complex service environments.
- In 1999, completed the first PhD on Online Retail, based on Countdown Online (then Woolworth’s Online), focused on understanding their practice-based approach to online marketing strategy.
- In 2006, developed and implemented one of the first integrated multi-channel campaigns (Mobile, Web, TV, Offline Media) called CMONGT^. A campaign successfully targeted to secondary schools and teenagers and their health and well-being outcomes. Here is the evaluation report.
- In 2007/8 completed with his team the first analytics insight model based on real-time US baseball and NZ television data to measure the effectiveness of Mobile to other channel (e.g., TV) campaigns. The model is called The LOOP.
- Has led the strategic and line management business growth and development in complex service environments with budgets of $10 million, achieving business surpluses of over 50% on a consistent basis. Overall sales in 3 years rose 560%.
- In 2010 with team, developed and completed the first interactive event and campaign leading the Auckland Supercity Debate. A 360 Connect – Media Coverage Analysis & Tracking Progress Report showed a free media return values at nearly $600K.
- In 2016 with Lee McGinnis , researched and published globally the first paper on All Black Fan Behavior.
- Is the only digital strategist to have researched and published globally in peer-reviewed journals, practice-based papers on digital product (2003), service (2000) and social media branding (2014). This work included the first book globally published in the USA on the Social Media Brand. Leading digital branding practice and thinking.
- Since, 1996, has 22 years experience successfully managing, mentoring and developing thousands of New Zealand and global learners across university, polytechnic and private service contexts.
Did you know Robert was changing his career in 2018? Robert wants to gather up all this practice-based experience and transferable skills. To move back into a senior management or an executive role focusing on management, marketing, digital and innovation.
firstname.lastname@example.org and 02108192090