Social Media Analytics Should be Brand Driven: Towards the 5-SAME Model
In this article I will explore why Social Media Analytics Should be Brand Driven. Brand, meaning the Social Media Brand.
There are obviously many different perspectives on what should be measured as a business analytic and why. But here is my perspective based on my branding work with colleagues. The current work focuses on the development of the 5-SAME Model.
The 5-SAME Model represents 5 Sources of Social Analytic Media Engagement. It proposes that analyics should be primarily focused on engagement with the brand. Engagement with the brand is defined by 5 sources of value and as I propose, data and analysis should be drive by those 5 pillars:
- Measuring Functional Engagement: Data should help you understand what is the role of your brand in enabling customer objectives and how can we put them back in control. Further, how can the community be enveloped into this process of value creation and how can that process be measured and understood?
- Measuring Emotional Engagement: Data should help develop new knowledge on how your brand facilitates the customers’ acknowledgement of their feelings and their daily dose of emotional value. If friends and family become involved in your brands emotive impact and consequences, what is the measured effect?
- Measuring Self Engagement: Data should help you understand your brands image relative to the customers own image of their self. Further measurement could measure the real time effect of how your brand can engage with other community members. It will help you understand how your brand will guide them through their journey as a customer.
- Measuring Personal Engagement: Data should help develop an understand of how your brand fosters and nurtures a customer’s social linkages.
- Measuring Relational Engagement: Data should help you understand the role of your brand in the community of relationships. Given this role, what type of value does it create and what other stakeholders are part of that relationship equity. Define and measure that value.
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you would like to develop and implement the 5-SAME Model as the base architecture for your Social Media Analytics Strategy.